Evening, & morning, & noon, will I pray, & cry aloud: & He shall hear my voice. Psalms 55:17

Thursday, December 18, 2008

'Sugarplums'

"Twas the night before Christmas & all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse..."

Except Me. I should be sleeping but I can't rest my brain. So I decided to get up & blog instead...

I've been laying here steaming over something... & I can ask this because were all women here with the same woes in life...
When you lose weight, where is the first place you lose it from? Yeah, that's what I thought. Me too. I'm not happy about this. I'm excited to be dropping pounds & all, (8.2 to be exact!), but I really didn't want it to be coming from the one place where I could use some extra!! I don't get it. My top half is shrinking when it shouldn't, & my back half still makes that cautionary beeping sound when I back up! If this doesn't stop, I'm going to start tipping over backwards.
I told my husband tonight that my bra felt too loose & you know what he said? I know, honey. He agreed with me! I was hoping for..."No, honey, your mistaken." I would have felt better if he told me that he stretched it out today when Goliath was trampling my flowers & he needed a slingshot. On the positive side, he didn't seem bothered by this problem of mine, & he promised me a trip to Victoria's Secret for a nice new bra. Yeah, ok... that does make me feel better. What a guy!

I think now I'll "nestle all snug in my bed." But please no more "visions of 'sugarplums' dancing in my head.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

LOL!

I think all our bodies are different. For myself, I start to notice it first in my face, and then my waist!! My bottom half is always the slowest!!! Arrrgh!!

Davisix said...

LOL...great post. You're right, the butt is the last to go. I don't get it either! I mean, we walk...that should burn butt fat, right? What does the top half do? Not much! Makes no sense!! Anyway, go get yourself a BioFit from VS. Its the best bra E-VER! xoxo Ang

Kelly said...

That is great!! Weight is something I rather not think about. After having the baby, I can't seem to get it right. It is very frustrating!! Kudos on losing that weight!! It is the keeping it off that drives me crazy!! Up and down!! Have a good one and I think you deserve a bra lined with Diamonds!!! :o)

Shannon said...

I laughed so hard at the "cautionary beeping sound." That's funny! You're right though, the not-so-funny part is the chest. I can't believe hubby didn't even give you a "no, babe, there's nothing different." Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence...
I'm so proud of you and the weight you've lost. Yipee!!!!

Laura said...

Too funny! I hate it when my top half starts getting smaller first. My big ole booty needs to go! LOL

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a great comment!

Your little boy is handsome! Me and my little boy will snuggle and watch Noggin together.. I will miss these days once he goes off to K-5.

Happy New Year!