Evening, & morning, & noon, will I pray, & cry aloud: & He shall hear my voice. Psalms 55:17

Monday, December 1, 2008

Patience


I bought a laptop!!


But then I returned it. Was it awesome? YES. So, what's the problem? I couldn't do it. As I was using it I felt rebuked. I knew in my heart that the Lord was asking me why I went out & bought a laptop when I already prayed for one. Oh, boy. It was hard to enjoy it.

Patience might be a virtue but it sure is difficult.

(I'd like to give 2 thumbs up to the people at my local Best Buy. They were awesome! They really could have been curt with me for returning the thing. I love cheerful cashiers!)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Patience is the worst thing to learn! Especially when you are patient and the Lord answers NO!! I am sure you patience will be rewarded!!

Shannon said...

Ouch! Better to have returned it then be guilty every time you used it. Though I understand that "gotta have it" feeling. I'm proud of you!!

Shannon said...

Oh, and I'm laughing about that "ice in the straw" comment you wrote. Too funny!! Another addict!!