Evening, & morning, & noon, will I pray, & cry aloud: & He shall hear my voice. Psalms 55:17

Sunday, December 28, 2008

One of the posts I began writing last week was about this award I got a few weeks ago from Kelly at Our Family Ramblings & Shannon at Sunshine & Open Hearts. Thanks, Ladies! Yes, I know that Christmas is technically over, but it still feels like Christmas around here. And since I didn't get to finish posting this one, I am most certainly going to do it now!! However, the rules of this award state that I am to write 5 things I love about Christmas, but I am changing them to state 5 things that I loved about this Christmas. If I send this award to you, you may also change the rules in this way if you'd like.


Of course with receiving awards, there are some rules that come along with it. For this particular one, the rules are very simple.
They are....You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award.
The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas.
You must link back to the person who gave you the award.
You must list 5 things that you love about Christmas. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space! :o)
Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 45; it's up to you. But, you must pass it on to at least one person in order to keep the Christmas cheer going!
Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment on their blog.

5 things I loved about this Christmas:
1. Christmas Eve Service at church
2. Finding the perfect tree & decorating it
3. Witnessing the excitement in my son when he talked about the gifts he got daddy & I. He could barely keep it a secret!
4. Christmas Eve Preparations- I had fun shopping for the last minute gift idea, wrapping presents, baking cookies & setting some out for Santa. I loved having communion at the candlelight service- worshiping & reflecting on the reason we were celebrating in the first place- & tucking my son in for bed that night knowing how excited he was for the morning!
5. Spending all day with my in-laws on Christmas Day & with my family today. I LOVE family time!
6. Getting Presents! I'd be lying if I said I didn't get excited over presents!
7. Having my son & hubby home.
8. Getting ideas from the shops I went to this season on how I want to decorate next year- I can't wait!


I am passing this award to Ang at Davisix. I'm also giving it to Alicia at More Than Words and to Kelly at Close to Home.
Ladies, I don't remember seeing this award on your blog. So if you'd like to post what you liked best about this Christmas, I'd love to see it! Pass it along if you do!
I'm passing it back to Shannon & Kelly & also to Mimi at He & Me & Three. Even though you gals already posted this award before Christmas, I'd like to see what your MOST FAVORITE thing was about this Christmas in particular. I'd say that you are all true Christmas lovers & deserve to get this award again!
I am also passing this award to anyone else who hasn't received it yet- if you still have some Christmas Spirit left in you! Enjoy! I can't wait to see what you've all written!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

What a great "post" list!! Thanks so much for the award! I do have it, but I will post about it again!! I think that's great how you changed it!! I will get to this no later than tomorrow!!

I love awards...LOL!!

He And Me + 3 said...

Thank you so much and Congrats to you too! I love our Christmas Eve service too.

Kelly said...

What a great twist!! Good job!!

April said...

Good Morning,

I found you on Daphine's blog. Just thought I'd drop by and say hello! I enjoyed reading your blog a lot! Hope you have a Happy New Year!