Evening, & morning, & noon, will I pray, & cry aloud: & He shall hear my voice. Psalms 55:17

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dashing through the snow...


I love it when my son is home! Now that he is in kindergarten, having him home seems extra special. We have official weekends now! We watched NOGGIN together today, just like we used to do when he was a toddler. It is a rare moment that won't last too much longer, I'm afraid, since he is getting "too cool" for "those baby shows". Dirty Jobs is his favorite show these days, but I'd much rather watch a talking turtle on Noggin than some guy in a sewer. (Gross to me, cool to my boy!)

The other morning we were eating granola bars on the porch swing when I stepped inside for just a minute. When I came back out, this is what I saw:


He was sitting in the recycling bin with his breakfast, singing his heart out to "Jingle Bells." (until, of course, he realized I was there watching him) I love it! I wonder, "What went through his mind that possessed him to run & climb in the recycling bin?" Maybe he was pretending to be in a sleigh, or maybe it just looked like a fun place to sit. Either way, I love his ways & I hope he never outgrows them.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Aww!! That is too cute!!

Kindergarten age is so cute! Well, I say that because my youngest is in K!! LOL

They grow so fast!!!!!!

He And Me + 3 said...

Look at that face! He is so cute and my son loves to sit in things too. Must be a boy thing. They have some imaginations that is for sure. Great YGMT moment.

Kelly said...

Perhaps you should turn this pic in to the recycle department for their new marketing campaign. I would definately recycle more if I saw him on the ad!! :o) Have a good new years!

Shannon said...

Too cute! He looks perfectly happy, like an adult would be kicked back in a recliner.