Evening, & morning, & noon, will I pray, & cry aloud: & He shall hear my voice. Psalms 55:17

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Spirit Leftovers

Hello Friends!
Merry Christmas!
Do you love Christmas leftovers? Don't you love opening the fridge to find more of the turkey & stuffing & cookies you loved the first time around, only it tastes so much better after the flavors have mulled overnight & all you have to do this time is reheat!

This is what I love about Christmas! Not just the food, but all the other Christmas leftovers. Enjoying the memories & the warm, fuzzy feelings, & having your family home, enjoying the new gifts; & feeling so grateful to the Lord for all you are blessed with. And there is nothing left to do but sit back & enjoy it all!

Christmas gets me all emotional! But it's the events of Christmas, not so much the preparations of the weeks before, that I love best. I'm the kind of person that can't get too excited about Christmas until it gets closer-but my enthusiasm lasts for weeks after the official day is over. I won't take my tree down for a while. I can't bear to part with it yet. (Have you noticed that it smells best after it starts to dry out?) And I'm savoring every moment that my husband & son are home on vacation.

I did try to blog about my Christmas activities all last week but never got to finish one! (It is Christmas after all! Plus it takes me longer than I'd like to admit to write my posts, download pics, visit my fav's, etc, that I don't always post when I intend to. You?) So for the next few days before life goes back to being normal, I am going to write about Christmas love. SO stay tuned!

Glad to be back! Jess

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Hi Jess! I can just feel your excitement by reading your post! But, yes, leftovers are the BEST!! It's like a Christmas meal all over again w/out having to prepare it..lol.

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog regarding my dad. You are so right. I know I should reach out more, and have the kids call him on their own. It takes the pressure off me, and hopefully make him more receptive. But, you were so right on!! HUGS!

He And Me + 3 said...

We don't have leftovers because we never host...:( but the dinner is always spectacular and I always look forward to this time of year for the family, friends, fellowship & food! All so good!

Shannon said...

My mom actually ordered 80% of our Christmas meal from QVC. It was weird eating QVC food but it tasted fine. It comes frozen and you just cook it. It saved a lot on time. It was a 1st for me, eating a QVC dinner. Only in my family....
I WILL call you! Love you!