Evening, & morning, & noon, will I pray, & cry aloud: & He shall hear my voice. Psalms 55:17

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Innocence

I spent the day on Friday in my son's Kindergarten classroom. We had a Thanksgiving meal with all the kids & parents together, & then we helped the kids make some Thanksgiving related crafts. It was a great time! Before we ate the teacher asked the kids to say what they were thankful for. This is my son's response: MY PARENTS & PUMPKIN PIE!
video


( I was glad he didn't just say pumpkin pie. My heart was warmed that he did have me on his mind too! :o) But pumpkin pie has been on his mind all morning.
As we were serving dinner I was standing there watching him, snapping pictures, & this is the chain of events that occurred:

"UMMM, Pumpkin Pie!!...."

"Yes, That's what I want... Pumpkin Pie...."

"What!! You mean I have to eat dinner before dessert?"...
They told him he couldn't have his pumpkin pie until he ate all his food. Talk about DISSAPOINTMENT!!



After lunch, we began making crafts. I was helping all the kids make Indian faces out of ZooPals plates (you know, the kids plates with animal faces on the front & the ears that stick out of the top). We turned the plates upside down so the ears were at the bottom. We painted the face on the big plate part & the two little "ears" were to be hands at the bottom. Can you picture this? Ok... I helped my son paint & create the face & while he finished I was helping other kids. When I came back, to help him with the hands, this is what I saw: (Pay close attention to the "upsidedown ears", the circles with dots in the middle)


AAAHHH!! I tried real hard to cover it up by trying to draw fingers over it (hence, the lines). I laughed & laughed, but was a bit embarrassed that other people saw it. When I looked at my son, he had a puzzled look on his face. I think he was embarrassed too, but he didn't understand why. You see, to him it simply made sense. "No, mommy, hands don't go up there." Wow... the innocence of a child. Untainted by the world's thinking. It revealed my own immaturity & I felt badly that I had made such a big deal out of it. I wonder what other thoughts & attitudes are not as God intended.
This verse makes total sense to me now: Mark 10:14 (Jesus is speaking) "...Let the little CHILDREN come unto me & forbid them not, for SUCH IS THE KINGDOM OF GOD."

3 comments:

Shannon said...

The video is cute and I love the "I have to eat dinner first" picture. You are so right about a childs innocence.
Looks like a fun time at school.

Kelly said...

Looks like they had a great day!! Have blessed and "thankful" week!!

Davisix said...

Hahaha....what a great post!!! Hey, love the pics! But where's a pic of you???