Evening, & morning, & noon, will I pray, & cry aloud: & He shall hear my voice. Psalms 55:17

Monday, November 17, 2008

Hello World!!

Welcome to my blog!! I am an old-fashioned kind of girl and I am waaayyy behind the times in the computer world. It's sad, really. My good friend, Sunshine & Open Hearts, has been nagging me (yes, Sunshine, nagging :0) ) to get online to discover what it is that I'm missing. I finally read her blog, & through the laughter & tears I decided to start my own- that was over two weeks ago. I am very excited about meeting new friends & being able to share my heart with you, though I am finally getting the nerve to start. I don't know why I am so nervous about this - uncharted territory, I guess. Actually, if I am to be completely honest with you, I have to admit that the part about becoming addicted scares me. I hear that wives neglect their children & put off washing dishes to get their daily blogging fix. I know I'm in for an adventure, & I figure I'm not that good at getting the dishes done anyway. There are alot of things, though, that I'd like to improve within myself, & goals I'd like to set & actually reach; so I'm hoping that blogging everyday helps me to figure it all out & to become the woman I'd really like to be. (More on that later) Please be patient with me as my blog remains under construction. As soon as I figure out how to put pictures & stuff on here, I will be able to show you myself & my family, & can personalize it a bit more. I wanted to fill in the About Me portion, but setting this up has taken me all morning & it's time for me to pick up my son from school. Once he gets home, it's "game on" until his bedtime, when I will then happily relinquish my computer rights to my hard-working husband. I've already prayed for a laptop. (Uh, oh. Is that a pre-addiction symptom?) Well, I am looking forward to "meeting" all of you. Hello World!!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Love it!!! And the "simple girl in a not-so-simple world" is perfect for you! You're gonna have a lot of fun with this. And have you been looking in my window to see me neglecting my children and dishes? I need to get a curtain. :)
Yes, the laptop is definitely pre-addiction. I hope you get one too!

Davisix said...

Welcome!!! Any friend of Shannon's is a friend of mine. You are so going to love blogging. And yes, you will indeed neglect your loved ones. It's just part of it. :) Ang

Kelly said...

Welcome.
Glad to have you join us. We are a sisterhood.
And yes it is definitely an addiction. lol But a good one.
ENJOY!!!

Kelly said...

Great to meet you!! It can be addicting- I fear I admit it!! Welcome to the bloggy world!! :o) Blessings and a great week!!